Roadside Assistance Dispatchers
Full-time roadside assistance dispatcher candidates needed to receive and dispatch emergency road service calls in a 24/7 operation. Currently recruiting for two positions.
AAA is a not-for-profit organization rendering valuable service to the public, as well as many specialized services for the exclusive benefit of its members such as Automotive Services, Financial Services, Insurance and Travel.
In this career you will have the opportunity to participate in several other exciting business activities including:
- Receives road service request information from Emergency Road Service Call Counselors and dispatches calls to facilities using a variety of communication channels (e.g., radio, telephone, digital/computer data link, fax, pager)
- Relays all pertinent data to drivers (member situation, vehicle problem, location, etc.)
- Prioritizes calls based on various criteria (safety, weather, traffic, etc.) and ensures that police and other emergency calls are handled within established time frames.
- Makes optimal use of available resources to ensure that calls are completed within estimated time of arrival (ETA), that resources are efficiently deployed and routed, and that correct equipment is dispatched to meet members' needs.
- Monitors computer screens to maintain continual awareness of overall status of resource availability and current deployment, and reallocates resources as needed to meet changing needs for service. Personally notifies member when service will be delayed (or initiates action for another function to do so)
The qualified Dispatchers will have at least a high school diploma, although a college degree is preferred. The ideal Dispatchers will also have:
- Previous customer service experience
- The ability to work weekend shifts, evening, and holidays
- Knowledge of Capital District
- Experience with digital and/or radio communications, logistics and fleet procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be comfortable with computers, geo coding, online mapping sites and radio communications
What We Offer:
- AAA Plus Membership
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Personal/Sick Time
AAA Hudson Valley is part of a 54 million member organization providing its members with high quality service, products and information...