Pocket Change’s mission is to drive more value for game developers while improving the user experience for players. We are building a universal loyalty currency akin to American Express points. Users are rewarded Pocket Change for achievements across mobile apps and can use this currency to purchase digital and physical goods.
We are looking for a passionate Ruby Engineer to help shape the core of a product. You’ll be a part of an early stage team, taking ownership of your work and responsible for key product decisions. Candidates must have the experience and skills necessary to design and build a product platform from the ground up including server architecture, REST APIs, automated testing, deployment procedures, and supporting a stable platform while evolving it.
- Writing server-side code in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Adding new features and paying down technical debt for existing features
- Working in a small team and following an iterative development process
- Writing simple but robust unit tests
- BS in Computer Science or related degree. In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of creating database-driven web applications using object oriented languages
- Strong in Ruby, Rails and front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, Sass, CoffeeScript)
- Expertise in several areas of a typical Rails stack, from the data layer (MongoDB, PostgreSQL) all the way on up (Varnish, Memcached, and more)
- Experience with sites that rely on architecture beyond the basic LAMP stack
- Demonstrated work beyond the backend and ability to integrate with a wide array of front end technologies and services
- A great work ethic and the ability to consistently deliver high quality work
- A background in Analytics
- Experience with statically typed languages (C/C++, Objective C, Java)
- A deep understanding of UNIX and TCP/IP protocols