The UPS Store/Mail Boxes Etc, the nation’s leading franchiser of business and postal services has an excellent opportunity for a sales and service associate in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have at least six months retail experience, with excellent customer service, sales and/or print skills. Must be well organized and professional. We offer a competitive wage, solid management, and a fun work environment.
Ensure customers have a good experience by providing efficient and effective service to exceed expectations while promoting products and services to meet the customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers in a friendly manner; determine customer needs, and how to exceed their expectations.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through customer engagement and quality product delivery.
- Be knowledgeable of products and services offered and properly promote them to customers.
- Identify customers’ needs and offer additional services which could benefit them.
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailboxes accurately.
- Record all sales transactions completely and accurately in Point of Sale system.
- Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products.
- Ability to receive and prepare documents for printing.
- Operate all other software packages.
- Receive and process packages for shipping, including lifting and weighting packages on scale, accessing manifesting software, generating labels. May require retrieving packages from customer's vehicle when requested.
- Process and document shipping damage, late and lost package claims.
- Assist in merchandising the center, including: stocking shelves with product, ensuring clean and orderly appearance of product, informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies.
- Perform end of day duties: reconciliation of cash, checks, money orders, credit cards, and all other transactions accurately and in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment and all other office machines in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines located in retail area.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
Education and/or Experience:
- 6 months – 2 years customer service and sales experience in a retail environment. Point of Sale (“POS”) and computer experience highly desirable.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience or a two-year degree in graphic design or related field. Proficient knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers in person and over the phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Manual hand dexterity required to operate POS, copiers and complete customer paperwork.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -