The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for developing and executing and plans to drive sales, generate growing demand and achieve business goals as set out by the Chief Marketing Officer and the Vice-President of Operations. This person will accomplish this by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns, tracking sales data and other performance indicators, and maintaining promotional materials and other activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement iFLY Chicago's sales and marketing programs.
- Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing objectives and tactics.
- Manage and maintain business relationships, ensures growth of existing accounts and seeks new accounts through sales, marketing, and referrals. Must be able to manage a high volume of accounts.
- Research published sources to create list of prospects to contact for marketing purposes.
- Manage, develop, and implement sales promotion policies, programs and initiatives to maximize the profits of sales.
- Manage and develop marketing programs and materials such as advertising, event support and online promotions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend enhancements to the market positioning of products or services to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Participate in corporate strategy, proactive incentive programs, reward schemes, and team building events.
- Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of sales programs.
- Manage budgets and evaluates sales performance.
- Prepare sales forecasts and collects and analyzes data to evaluate current sales goals.
- Monitor budgets and performs analysis of sales and marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Sales and Marketing or in a related area.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, content management systems and desktop publishing applications are essential. Project management and multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as creative writing and negotiation skills.
- Experience in generating presentations and proposals.
- Initiative, detail-orientation, multi-tasking capabilities and an ability to organize and prioritize.
- Tact, discretion, and good judgment to maintain positive relationships with co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity is required.
- Customer Service experience is a plus.
Any combination of education and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, communications or business administration. Education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed herein.
Salary range is between $65,000 and $75,000 plus commissions, bonuses, and benefits, dependent on experience and education.