This position involves helping the agent provide excellent customer service to meet the insurance needs of the agency’s clients and to contact new prospects to make sales for the agency.
Experience and Knowledge:
General knowledge of the office procedures and customer service experience is preferred. Some insurance knowledge is helpful but not required for an individual who is ambitious and willing to learn.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and apply product, industry and market knowledge to make professional recommendations to prospects and policyholders and to satisfy insurance licensing requirements.
- Ability to create professional business relationships with prospects and policyholders.
- Self-confidence/perseverance/strong work ethic: remain positive and maintain progress towards a goal in spite of obstacles and adversity.
- Ability to organize and act on several activities concurrently.
Job Related Training Courses and Programs:
Successfully complete all company, state and federal requirements (licenses) to market and service designated State Farm products and continue to be licensed in good standing is required.
- Work from the agent’s office to contact prospects and current policyholders to generate interest in insurance financial review appointments.
- Meet marketing goals set by the agent.
- Processing policy changes, updating household information, and handling claims
- Handling additional duties that maybe assigned.