Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk, innovators in student insurance products and services, is looking for a Sales Intern. During your internship, you will:
- Learn about our business by successfully completing required online training and taking advantage of a variety of on-the-job training opportunities that are offered
- Accompany producers as they meet with clients, prospects and underwriters so that you can gain an understanding of the sales and marketing processes within our business
- Assist in our renewal and new business processes in order to learn what goes on behind the scenes in a sales office, and to provide value by handling some of the workload. This phase involves the gathering of information, the electronic input of data, and the completion of applications, submissions and proposals
- Become familiar with the service functions of our business. These service functions include, but are not limited to: initiating correspondence, file setup, requesting invoices from the Finance department, handling various accounting issues, etc.
- Share miscellaneous office duties, as needed. Provide assistance with special projects as assigned;
- Become familiar with your branch's agency management system, computer resource network and pertinent software utilized by the division (such as Commander, Salesforce, Wrike, etc.)
- Be receptive to coaching and mentoring
- Receive direction and guidance from Branch management
- Work closely on a daily basis with producers, Client Service Representatives, Customer Service Representatives (CSR), and other branch personnel to gain hands-on experience
- Learn and experience enough about our business, our company and the responsibilities of an insurance broker that you can make a solid decision as to whether or not this career path is for you
- Upcoming college junior or senior with a 2.5 minimum GPA
- Open to a career in insurance brokering
- Above average mathematical skills
- Proficient with computers, including MS Office and email applications
- Adherence to Gallagher Code of Ethics and standards for professional conduct in the workplace
- Major or Minor in the following one or more studies : Accounting, Actuarial Science, Business, Communications, Economics, Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Risk Management and/or Sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a good team player
- Organized, efficient, and detail oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills including the ability to compose clear, concise, and grammatically correct correspondence and documents
- Self-starter; works with minimum supervision
- Track record of competitive success
Rate of pay: $13.00 per hour worked; 20-25 hours per week
Gallagher Koster is committed to being the nation's leading full-service independent insurance program administrator for the education...