- Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
- Conduct competitive product comparisons and identify current competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantage.
- Complete and present a territory SherPlan, make revisions and updates, as necessary, throughout the year.
- Develop a strategy to grow sales & profits to key, opportunity, new and existing customers and identify items or product categories that require specific attention in support of this strategy.
- Maintain a discipline in pre-call planning daily and monthly activity to ensure time is maximized and the territory SherPlan is being executed. Conduct sales calls accordingly, occasionally in conjunction with servicing Store/Branch Manager. Customers may include professional Architectural and Design Specification Community.
- After each call, evaluate your performance and outline the specific next steps to build the relationship.
- Use SherCall and the Call Calendar to note specifics
- Determine where customer is in the overall Sales Process and what steps are necessary to move the process along.
- Conduct product demos to support your solution with the customer.
- Obtain information necessary to open a new account and communicate to credit office.
- Access product/technical information to support customers’ application requirements.
- Complete expense reports on a timely basis.
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store/branch personnel as appropriate.
- Coordinate lead information and sales calls with Professional Coating Sales Reps or Floorcovering Reps.
- Understand servicing store/branch’s strengths and weaknesses and communicate effectively with staff members to ensure that commitments made are within the store’s capabilities.
- Identify potential opportunities/issues and work with Store/Branch Manager to support positive outcome.
- Handle customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
- Identify ways to deepen the business relationship with your customers.
*Must be familiar with the proper, handling, storing, labeling, cleaning up spills, disposing of and filing all paperwork associated with hazardous material/waste.
- Assist Store/Branch Manager in resolution of product supply problems.
- Conduct customer surveys.
- Assist in servicing stores/branches’ physical inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee will spend approximately 50% of the day driving, 20% sitting and 30% walking or standing.
- Employee must be able to drive a car or van since this position requires traveling to customers’ offices and job sites.
- Employee may be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- High school education or equivalent is required. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- If usage of employee's own vehicle is required, employee must obtain appropriate insurance as defined by Corporate Policy.
Indeed - 14 months ago