Sales Representative, Part Time
Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. – Boynton Beach, FL
Please read the entire post before applying. Thank you.
If you love pets and like to share pet stories while having fun at work and develop a rapport with pet parents this is the job for you!
Natural Balance Pet Foods Inc. is looking for energetic pet lovers to educate pet parents on our products. If you are a pet lover and love interacting with other pet lovers, this is the job for you.
This Part Time Field Sales Representative position will influence the purchase of Natural Balance brand products in stores by sharing the Natural Balance Story and educating pet parents on the ingredients and benefits to dogs and/or cats. Part of the Field Sales Representative job is to roam their designated store(s) by approaching pet parents who are using other pet food brands, ask questions to determine the best Natural Balance, Inc. brand product for the pet parent's pet and communicate the benefits of Natural Balance, Inc. brand products. Ultimately, the Field Sales Representative’s ability to establish trust and credibility with the pet parent will result in converting pet parents to our products resulting in sales growth of assigned stores via demonstration activities.
This position will continually increase sales by:
- Developing the necessary product knowledge through the use of provided tools to recommend the appropriate products that addresses and identify the needs of the pet
- Developing positive relationships with all store personnel to generate good will and position Natural Balance, Inc. as the store personnel's preferred in-store brand
- Consistently strive for continuous improvement by studying provided information and making food comparisons in-store during slow store traffic periods
- Working all scheduled demonstration shifts as assigned without cancellation (except for emergencies)
- Knowledgeable of basic merchandising principles
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Able to assess dog and/or cat needs and make company product recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment/decision making
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional composure during difficult pet parent and or store personnel interactions
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work a minimum of 3 out of every 4 weekends per month and up to 16 hours each week
- Must be able to work double shifts as assigned and when deemed necessary
- Must be able to work any pet specialty store scheduled within a defined 30 mile city/selling radius
- Must have daily access to high speed internet and must review all corporate messages weekly
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. comfortably and stand/walk/engage customers for a continuous 4 hours
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must have basic knowledge of Word/Excel/Power Point, email, internet websites