This full-time, salary-based plus monthly commission and fractional monthly team incentive business development role is part of Bay and Bay's Sales Training and Development Program. In this program, you will be trained, coached, mentored and developed to become a top selling National Account Manager. You will learn topics and information such as Fundamentals of Selling, Time Management, Business Presentation Skills, Sales Skills, Sales Management, Building Customer Relationships, and Industry and Competitor Information. After successfully meeting and achieving defined goals and targets, you will be promoted to a National Account Manager.
As part of the training and development program, you will be responsible for recruiting new customers and expanding business with existing customers by profitably earning their business. This is done by using both sales and logistics specialist skills. Success in this role is defined by performing or exceeding defined goals.
As a Sales/Account Representative at Bay and Bay Transportation Services, you will manage a portfolio of accounts while working in a team environment. Business is generated through inside sales by way of industry referrals, prospecting and business to business selling. You will be addressing customer’s logistics needs and working with team members implementing solutions for both established, as well as prospective customers.
Daily activities include:
- Phone and e-mail contact with customers to solicit available shipments and business opportunities. In-person sales calls are limited to the local market area and as approved by the Dept. Mgr.
- Customer Service duties as needed to serve all Customers managed by your team.
- Maintain and issue reports required by the portfolio of customers managed by you.
- Carrier Service duties as needed to serve all Customers managed by your team
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Minimum 18 months experience as a 3PL Logistics Specialist in TL, Intermodal, and LTL Services required
- College degree (2 year or 4 year).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong negotiating skills and persuasiveness.
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature
- Enthusiasm and high energy
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong computer user skills.
- Ability to resolve problems.
We offer paid holidays, 401(k) and ROTH 401(k), Paid Time Off, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life insurance, Medical and Dental insurance and business casual dress code. If you are a highly motivated, enthusiastic and goal oriented individual, and would like to explore your career opportunities with a leading national transportation and logistics company, you'd like to hear from you!