An ideal candidate will be able to perform all fundamental engineering work such as planning, designing, evaluating and upgrading of storage area network systems. This position requires administering and maintaining local and global storage units such as Clarion CX series, Equologic, EMC Centera, and Compellent; provide technical support and troubleshooting to users; perform various tests and create detailed documentation as well as keep up with industry news and technology changes. Candidates should also possess working knowledge of Windows operating systems, TCP/IP protocol, and some server administration knowledge as some light IT infrastructure responsibilities will also be included in this role.
Typical storage administration responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Configure and administer SAN/NAS and associated components; including Fibre Channel switch administration (Brocade 5300,4900, 7500)
- Configure and administer replication, data restore and disaster recovery
- Maintain storage aspects of existing/new server integrations, local and remote host storage component installations such as HBA BIOS/drivers, powerpath, navisphere, Compelent MPIO etc..
- Troubleshoot and fix storage issues
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance such as firmware and software upgrades for all storage devices
- Storage analysis, storage allocation, capacity planning, and performance planning of storage components
- Document procedures to support the operational storage environment
- Prepare reports on storage administration best practices, new technologies, etc., and recommend configuration changes to improve and optimize storage
Minimum educational requirement of a BS or BA in Computer Science or an associated discipline is desirable. Certifications considered a plus. The ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple ongoing projects is a must. Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills are required.
Special benefits Include:
- Subsidized Health Care Insurance
- Subsidized Vision Care Insurance
- Subsidized Dental insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Savings Plan
- Suburban Work Location
- Business/Casual Work Environment
- Flexible Work Hours
- Learning about and using state-of-the-art technology
- Only considering applicants in regional area (NY, NJ and PA)
- Applicant must be a U. S. resident or currently able to legally work in the U. S.
- Respondents must supply compensation requirements along with complete resume for immediate confidential consideration.