Title: IT Solutions Manager – SAP, SCM
Location: Niwot, CO
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Our client is celebrating their 10th anniversary this year, and the company is exploding. They are a world leader in innovative casual footwear for men, women and children. Since its inception in 2002, they have sold more than 200 million pairs of shoes in more than 90 countries around the world. The brand has celebrated reaching $1 billion in annual sales in 2011 and they are continuing to grow.
They are working on a global implementation of SAP's Apparel & Footwear Solution across the global enterprise. The project is approved, the funding is in place and now we need to round out the team that is going to help drive the launch of the software and own it after the go-live date. The person we seek to fill this critical role within the Global IT Team will be accountable and responsible for design, delivery, direction, support and regional requirements for the IT solutions, as well as any relevant business system integrations, for the SD module within SAP's Apparel & Footwear Solution (AFS).
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Software portfolio management for the SAP SCM solution globally.
- Develop high level system design, configuration and road map for the solution and its related SAP modules and other system integrations.
- Develop global standards, while accounting for regional requirements and variations, and implement monitors for adherence to those standards
- Act as the ultimate escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support
- Manage projects, resources, timelines, and budgets
- Manage on-site and off-shore resources, as required
- Manage implementation of the solution (as needed), as well as the long-term vision and execution
- Establish and nurture relationships with the key business stakeholders using the specific solution
- Identify and escalate issues to upper management as appropriate
- Provide status reports to management
Skills or Experience Required:
- Global business process design and configuration of SAP SCM within SAP AFS.
- Minimum 2 full lifecycle SAP implementations of SAP SCM within the AFS vertical.
- Solid understanding of SAP integration movement types in AFS SD, LE, SCM, MM and integration to 3rd party WM solutions.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Project management experience related to the AFS industry solution
- Supply Chain Management:
a. 6-8 years of AFS SCM Configuration/Development Experience
b. Expert in SAP Allocations, Planning/MRP, Order Management and Procurement including developing complex routines and user exits
c. Expert in SCM process designs with integration to finance module
d. Coordinate with SAP and non-SAP cross functional teams to manage integration points between modules, especially MM, LE, PP, QM, APO and WM
e. Hands on experience in SCM module including idocs/User exits
f. Final review and approval of functional and technical specifications for SCM capabilities
g. Define, gather and document business process in conjunction with Business Functional owners - translate to SAP configurations and data needs
h. Warehouse Management and Sales & Distribution Experience
i. Assist in testing, training plan development and training, support for users and systems analysts
j. Ensure help desk materials are created and knowledge transferred to Help Desk staff
k. Participate in QA process, identifying use/test cases, provide clear explanation of complex processes and development of test plans
- 8+ years experience in mid to large-market SAP AFS implementations, including emphasis on global implementation management and delivery
- 6+ years of implementation and/or support/analyst experience in SAP SCM within AFS
- 8+ years experience in Product Development, Consulting or Support
- Detailed understanding of the system processes and configurations within and around SAP SD. This includes understanding of integration with LE, MM, SD and external/3rd party WM solutions.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bachelors in Operations, Supply Chain, Business Management, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- MBA, PMP, APICS and/or Product Certifications are preferred
0-25% - International travel may be required