The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate control procedures are executed and documented.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by analyzing accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Monitor and support reporting of state and local tax compliance.
- Develop and maintain analytical procedures to timely analyze data.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues and expenses.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Other projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Detail oriented and organized work habits.
- Experience in revenue recognition, forecasting, budgeting and advanced analytics a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains Software.
- Three to five years of experience with financial systems budgets, financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, external customers and vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily supervision.
Indeed - 24 months ago