- Work closely with Chief Audit Officer and other supervisory audit staff in conducting audits. Execute detailed audit programs.
- Develop audit plans and perform initial and follow-up audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Independently execute approved audit programs by examining, testing, verifying and evaluating operational areas as required.
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency and document responses.
- Write and update narratives of areas being audited.
- Prepare draft planning memos, audit programs for management review.
- Evaluate audit findings; prepare and presents the results of audit work and recommendations to management in the form of oral and written communications.
- Stay abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in racing industry, accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Coordinate and interact with management, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit agencies, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- 3+ years of audit experience—Big 4 a plus
- Good operational / financial background.
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- CIA / CISA certifications a plus.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard