Keynote, the global SaaS leader in cloud-based testing, monitoring, and analytics for mobile & web, is on a mission to help our customers deliver the best possible digital experience. Backed by leading private equity firm Thoma Bravo, Keynote is optimizing the value of every digital interaction, enhancing user experience and driving business value for our customers’ online performance. With a performance-oriented, fast paced, and collaborative team, the company runs the world’s largest cloud testing, monitoring, and analytics network – collecting more than 700 million mobile & web measurements daily. Driven by a customer-focused culture of innovation, Keynote’s customers represent top mobile & web companies including LinkedIn, Ancestry.com, Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
In 2012 Keynote was recognized by Forbes as "One of the Best 100 Companies in America". Happy customers, happy employees – and happy to have you join the team! At Keynote we thrive in changing things up for the better, leveraging our big data infrastructure and cutting-edge analytics to Make Every Digital Experience Count.
Keynote has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant, Performance Testing Services in our San Mateo, California headquarters. Remote location is possible for the right candidate. This is a contract to hire position. Decision will be made within 6 months of hire.
The Senior Consultant, Performance Testing Services is responsible for the day to day management of performance test engineers delivering load testing services to Keynote customers using Keynote’s proprietary LoadPro solution. The role will direct and mentor the internal staff, lead staff meetings, coaching customer-facing consultants on both technical and professional services skills, while continuing to deliver services to key customers and participating in sales calls. Reporting to the VP of Professional Services, he/she will consult with clients to define needs(s) or problem(s), write proposals, design and execute load tests, and analyze data to advise on or recommend solution(s).
The professional services function delivers technical Web performance analysis, measurement, troubleshooting and tuning services for Keynote customers through a range of focused services. The North America professional services (Service Level Management, or ”SLM”) group works with customers to evaluate and improve their Web performance, and also works with other Keynote staff to extend, promote, and improve Keynote's products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Incumbent performs other job related duties as assigned.)
- Work with Sales staff to define scope and details of proposed client projects.
- Lead consulting teams in the delivery of load testing and/or consulting projects.
- Analyze performance data to determine a solution such as installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, modification of machines or equipment, or redesign of products or services.
- Working with established data measurements, analyze patterns providing performance audits along with a summary of recent performance trends.
- Work closely with customers and convey results of analysis work to the customer both verbally and in written reports.
- Conduct studies or surveys on needs or problems to obtain data required for solutions. Studies include diagnostic audits, isolating and explaining Web site performance with industry benchmarks, or by comparison version of the site.
- Consult with other Keynote staff to extend and improve the existing tools and statistics.
Technical skills may include the following:
- Expert level understanding of Performance Testing and Performance Monitoring practices - 5 plus years.
- Ability to sit down with the product team and collect Non Functional Requirements.
- Ability to create detail performance test plan for GUI and NON GUI Systems.
- Ability to create Non Functional Requirements into Performance Tuning and Testing Scripts.
- Ability to collect data from different domain groups and create performance test results in a manner that can be easily understood by senior management.
- Ability to articulate application performance characteristics to non-technical users.
- Expert level understanding of HP Performance Center, VUGEN, JMeter and other industry standard tools; ability to compare and contrast strengths and weaknesses. - 5 plus years
- Expert level interaction with Business Unit, Application Architecture, Configuration Management and IT Operations team to enable continuous integration and performance capable application roll-out.
- Programming experience/expertise in one or more of: Java, Perl, PHP, and a .Net environment are a plus.
- Understanding and experience with Continuous Integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Additional requirements include:
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Flexible schedule
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or the equivalent experience and/or combination of education and experience)
Specific experience in web application and infrastructure design, application performance management, service level management, capacity planning and consulting is required.