Job Title: Senior Developer Analyst
Department: Information Technology, Chicago
Summary of Position:
The Senior Developer Analyst reports to the Manager, Analysis and Development and is responsible for program design, prototyping, coding, testing and the documentation of application programming projects. In addition, the Senior Developer Analyst will be responsible for supporting iMIS’s web application product line. The Senior Developer Analyst is also responsible for working with internal staff and clients to diagnose and resolve software issues, make product improvement recommendations to the Development Manager, provide testing of bug fixes, new releases and new modules as needed and assist staff and end users to solve problems such as malfunctions and program issues. The Senior Developer Analyst must have the ability to work independently on small projects and as a leader on larger projects. To accomplish NRA goals, the Senior Development Analyst will be a member of the Analysis and Development team within the Information Technology department. This position has no direct reports.
- Works as part of Information Technology team to accomplish Association goals. Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture.
- Acts as the lead developer for iMIS-related development tasks and projects as well as supporting development efforts for other organizational initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the Help Desk as needed and assigned.
- Provide backup support for database tuning and maintenance as needed and assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
.Essential Technical Skills/Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree required in information technology, computer science, mathematics, business or related fields or equivalent knowledge and/or work experience. Current Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- 7+ years of experience as a developer or lead developer implementing high-performance internet-facing web applications.
- Previous iMIS development experience is highly desirable.
- Strong experience designing, developing and managing web applications using C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Visual Studio 2008/2010, .NET 4.0+, IIS 7.0.
- Experience with SOA/Web Services, XML and XSL.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 including experience with stored procedures, triggers and SQL profiler.
- Experience with more than one software development methodology and strong knowledge of software development best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows networking technologies.
- Experience with release management and source code management systems. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server is a plus.
- Experience developing and administrating Content Management Systems (Kentico preferable) is desirable.
- Mobile development experience is a plus.