The Senior Electrical Engineer will create electrical circuit designs and associated firmware for a wide range of products used primarily in the electronics instrumentation industry. This position will report to the Director of Engineering Services.
Five to 10 years experience in an electronic design environment.
- Specify, design, test, debug, document and deliver cost-effective, high-quality digital and/or analog electrical products.
- Interface with customers or internal marketing group to develop product design requirements and associated project labor and material cost budgets.
- Work closely with suppliers and manufacturing during all phases of development to optimize design for cost, performance, manufacturability, service and reliability.
- Utilize project leadership and design skills to provide guidance to lessor experienced engineers.
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in an electronic design environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in Project Management techniques with the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments
- Understands PCB and PCBA manufacturing methodologies and processes
- Experienced in the use of CAE tools for design, analysis and schematic generation.
- Strong general computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills; flexible, self-directed and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of applicable ISO processes relevant to Product Development.
- Demonstrated experience in electronic circuit design including: Digital circuit design; 16 & 32-bit micro-processor / controller / DSP based systems; PLD / FPGA development; Analog / mixed signal design; EMC and UL/CE safety compliant circuitry & systems design
Indeed - 2 years ago