The Energy Engineer position will focus on the auditing and design of multi-measure engineering projects. Typical projects will include: Variable Frequency Drives, Demand Ventilation, Replacement of RTU’s, new BMS’s, New Premium Efficiency Motors, New Chillers, New Boilers, Heat Recovery Projects and various other ECM’s.
*This position will be based out of our Corporate office in Ballston Lake, NY (Greater Albany area).*
· Performing multi-measure, on-site, energy efficiency audits.
· Based off of information gained during on-site audit, recommend energy-efficiency measures.
· Completing Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) energy calculations and savings projections.
· Developing ECM savings calculation templates.
· Responsible for Utility incentive calculations and development applicable savings verification plan.
· Co-present audit/design findings to Customer along with Project Development Staff.
· Work with product suppliers and manufacturers to continue learning new products and solutions that can be incorporated into energy efficiency projects.
· Work with our Project Management team throughout the projects life-cycle to assure that the implementation of project’s are installed as originally designed.
· Provide technical support for our Project Development team during on-site customer meetings and conference calls.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Energy Engineering.
· Strong knowledge base of energy efficiency methodology.
· Experience working with Utility Sponsored Energy-Efficiency Rebates.
· Strong written and oral communication skills for customer interaction and report writing.
· 5+ years experience in a Energy or Mechanical engineering position
· Job experience working on energy efficiency construction projects in commercial and industrial facilities.
· Expert in developing excel based energy modeling on mechanical and electrical systems.
· Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and familiarity with AutoCAD.
Talent and Skills
· A well rounded individual
· A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
· A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
· Professional presence
· High energy and action oriented
· A team player
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to travel (25% +) when needed