Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Full Time
Job Code: 904-729-021513
Where: Bremerton, WA
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Full Medical, Dental Benefits
Work Schedule: Full time; 40 hours per week, M ~ F 8:00am – 5:00pm, Must be Flexible
Posted: March 13, 2013
Closing Date: Until Filled
Skookum, a growing, multi-state non-profit based in Bremerton, WA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Financial Analyst. We are a full range contract service provider with over 800 employees operating in 6 states with continued growth expected.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to managing the following functions: Driving systems automation for financial models used in the month-end budget/forecast and long-term planning process. Management of financial processes and analysis (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually). Preparation of Budget and Forecasts. Lead efforts through collaboration with business units to streamline processes by leveraging best practices and technical solutions. The Senior Financial Analyst will have contact with senior-level management, the Executive Director and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation of AR, AP, General Ledger, cash, fixed assets, and intercompany accounts
- Supervise and review the monthly closing process.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Monitor daily cash balances and prepare cash forecast.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise direct reports with various degrees of capabilities and limitations in support of overall company mission
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Documentation of systems, processes, procedures and methodologies is required.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in managing and leading a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Forward thinker
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage workflow and processes in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong computer and technical skills
- This position may require some travel within Western Washington
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate various time zones
Valid Driver License and proof of insurance is required. Must be bondable by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
Background and Credit checks will be conducted. The applicant’s written authorization and consent is required.
Must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
Initial Application Process:
Prepare a submittal package including a completed Skookum Job Application, a Letter of Interest, a current resume, and a minimum of (4) professional references and (4) personal references.
Your submittal package may be faxed, mailed or returned to the Skookum Human Resources Office:
Skookum Human Resources
Carolyn Day, Programs Manager
4525 Auto Center Way / PO Box 5359
Bremerton, WA 98312
(360) 475-0759 (fax)
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer