Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry and has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with 14 plants plants located in six states and three countries. Our goal is to become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
The Sr. FP&A Analyst is a member of the financial planning and analysis team and will play a key role in supporting the organization’s forecasting/planning processes, preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting packages, monitoring and reporting company cash flow, and other ad-hoc projects. This position will communicate and coordinate with various departments, management, and financial institutions. The Sr. FP&A Analyst should be strong in financial modeling, must be a task driven person with great attention to detail, and have the ability to think critically to navigate financial information systems in order to simplify information to create clear outputs for support decision-making. A proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and strong communication skills are the keys to be successful in this position.
- Prepares financial and business related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, cost of sales, cash flow forecasting, and working capital
- Prepares consolidated forecast and budget models with the appropriate complexity to support decision making, provide sensitivity analyses around critical assumptions and quantification of risk parameters
- Assists in the preparation of budget/forecasting presentations, monthly management packages, Board of Directors presentations
- Preparing and maintaining various complex financial models to support strategic initiative decision making
- Assist with special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses
- Responsible for 13-week cash forecast in addition to other treasury related duties
- Performing and assisting in ad hoc financial analysis projects as needed to drive management decision making
- Collect, report, and analyze weekly and monthly operating statistics
The Current Team:
The Senior FP&A Analyst is part of the Finance team and partners closely with all other departments in the Finance area in addition to Sales & Marketing, Procurement, and Manufacturing. The team is based at the Corporate Offices in Pittsburgh, PA and supports a number of locations across the US. This position reports to the Sr. Director FP&A.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience, preferably in manufacturing or industrial environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports as well as generate reports and effectively present information and findings to the management team and others
- Ability to work with mathematical and financial concepts such as profitability and statistical inference and to apply such concepts to solve complex problems in situations where only limited standardization exists
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with QAD Manufacturing and Cognos software preferred
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment as well as to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams
- Experience in forecasting and cash flow preparation
Highly competetive compensation and benefits to include:
- Excellent base compensation
- Participation in the Company's non-discretionary bonus plan
- 401k with Company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Great culture, flexible working environment highlighted by an "Open" PTO program
On July 26, 1946, a rented barn in Philadelphia, PA, became the corporate headquarters of RESCO PRODUCTS, INC., then known as Refractory...