Highly dynamic, fast moving company!
KWI. FIRST IN SaaS. FIRST IN THE CLOUD.
KWI offers complete Cloud-based solutions for a broad range of clients in specialty retailing. Since 1985, KWI has helped retailers achieve success through use of its leading systems including, merchandising, POS, Mobile POS, CRM, and loss prevention. KWI’s innovation – from delivering leading-edge Software as a Service (SaaS) in 1985 to being in the forefront of technology advancements to deliver true Cloud retail solutions – enables retailers of all sizes with high-end enterprise functionality at cost-effective rates.
KWI is a privately held, debt-free and 100% management owned company. Our company has never had a layoff and continues to grow!
This position is responsible to perform a variety of critical programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements, also maintaining and modifying programs.
- Work with various Java technologies on new and legacy systems, including J2EE, JSP, Struts, Servlets, and Swing Applets.
- Provide system support on legacy UNIX shell scripts
- Perform DB analysis/design on MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries, views, stores procedures, triggers, etc.
- Participate in multi-resource projects in an agile, team-driven environment.
- Evaluate/suggest industry standard tools and methods
- Provide software installation/updates for various environments
- Analyze requirements and provide design/development/test effort estimates as needed
- Document software design and contribute to design reviews
- Provide analysis of available data and work closely with technical and sales teams to guide future projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years SQL/Database experience.
- 3+ years Unix Shell, specifically experience with scripting tools such as sed, awk, etc.
Strong knowledge in C programming.
- Experience working with and customizing Ant or Maven build scripts.
- Experience using source control systems, subversion preferred.
- College degree (computer science or business strongly preferred) or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills (including technical writing)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to consistently set and meet timelines for programming assignments
- Ability to eagerly take on the most challenging projects as well as help resolve problems reported while working in a fast pace dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of BIRT reports and Cognos Cube is a plus
- Experience with XML/XLST is a plus
- Experience with Retail systems, either Point-of-sale or Back-office/Warehouse management technologies is a plus
- Significant experience in UI design and analysis is a plus
We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who have a passion for retail and technology. We have a casual work environment and offer a comprehensive benefit package. To learn more about KWI’s partnership approach and "best in breed" commitment visit www.kwi.com.
Indeed - 6 months ago
KWI offers complete Cloud-based solutions for a broad range of clients in specialty retailing. Since 1985, KWI has helped retailers achieve...