iMemories is a dynamic, growing company. We have an established presence focused on preserving your personal and family memories, converting any film, video, photos, and slides you have into digital images and movies that you can view online, on your phone or tablet, or on custom-created DVDs or Blu-rays. Moving into the “born digital” world, we are taking the next exciting steps adding new products into our portfolio and expanding our existing customer-facing applications to help you create and preserve your future family memories.
The Candidate will have a passion for technology and a desire to learn new technologies while growing their system administration skills. The Candidate will be comfortable spending part of a day editing configs, replacing hard drives in the server room, troubleshooting user desktop issues, and planning a system upgrade; they will not be bored. They will work closely with other Systems Administrators and, on occasion, Software Engineers to bring new systems, network devices, or software online. Experience with multi-site data centers and large or high-traffic environments is essential.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ownership of production hardware and systems, including backup systems and processes l
- Ownership of QA environment
- Ownership of application software and workstations used by the Operations organization
- Integrity and security of internal, multi-site network
- Participate in network, hardware, and system capacity planning and expansion
- Participate in technical architecture and design discussions as a systems and network expert
- Plan and prioritize upgrades, deployments, configuration changes. Coordinate with Operations on anything requiring outages that will cause work interruptions.
- Perform hardware installs and cabling including upgrades and replacements.
- Setup, configure, and monitor O/S installs.
- Troubleshoot any and all IT issues.
- Provide application and basic desktop support.
- Provide 24/7 support in an on-call rotation.
- Perform build of software releases; manage deployment to QA and production environments.
- Maintain and update tracking, monitoring, and management data and tools.
- Linux administration (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Puppet, Cobbler or equivalent system and software configuration and deployment tools (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
- Distributed file systems like Gluster and Lustre (Intermediate Level)
- Tuning and maintenance of native Linux files systems like ext3/4 and xfs (Intermediate Level)
- NFS and Samba (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Cacti, Ganglia, MRTG (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Nagios (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- RT and AT ticketing and tracking tools, or equivalent (Intermediate Level)
- svn, Mercurial or other source repository administration (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Windows desktop support (Windows Vista, Windows 7) (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
- Mac OSX desktop support (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
- Network configuration and management (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Experience in software configuration management (Plus)
- Experience building and deploying software applications to QA and production environments (Plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
Local Candidates Only - No Relocation Available
Indeed - 21 months ago