ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), headquartered in San Francisco, California, is a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies with a history in electric transportation dating back to 1989.
With an aggressive development model strengthened by innovative technologies, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships and alliances, we strive to accelerate the market applicability and acceptance of clean technologies to replace carbon-based fuels.
About this position
Prepare to explore ECOtality; a unique and dynamic company filled with exceptional talent. Our team of engineers develops the consumer facing Blink Network (http://www.blinknetwork.com) platform out of our San Francisco, CA office and we are hiring!!
Candidates will design and develop new solutions and support and enhance existing Blink Network products and solutions esp for our Mobile offering. Utilizing your iOS and Android development experience as well as your knowledge of Web Services, you will work with customers and internal business units to define mobile app requirements, create, modify, and test the code, forms and web services to build on the Blink Network mobile application stack. All this while working in a new and exciting green technology field with challenging and exciting projects.
- Become an expert in technical aspects of our products
- Analyze high-level requirements and translate these to overall system-level design to be used for architectural prescription, cost/benefit analysis, and concept development
- Identify, define, and communicate design tradeoffs using a structured, detail oriented approach
- Develop creative solutions and write technical design & architecture documents
- Provide work estimates for proposed projects
- Guide other software engineers to design and implement well-integrated products
- Cross-train developers on product features that are implemented
- Perform hands-on software design and development on iOS and Android OS.
- Perform Java web services design and development for mobile support.
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Work closely with management to determine feasibility of product features
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects
- Work with geographically distributed teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 6-8 years of software development experience
- Development experience in an consumer facing system with multi-tier architecture
- Enthusiastic in solving interesting problems
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience on iOS and Android.
- Passion for user experience.
- Java web services (REST) and UI development experience (web and mobile).
- Expert in implementing successful distributed, scalable, high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience with mobile data optimization techniques
- Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with Design patterns.
- Experience with publishing mobile applications on iOS and Android (please include 3-6 screenshots of apps that have been submitted)
- Knowledge of the implications of developing for high-availability clustered environments
- SQL development experience.
- Experience with XML related APIs including SAX and DOM parsers and XSLT
- Experience with open source Java technologies including Ant, JUnit, Hudson, Jenkins, Maven.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong speaking and writing skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment.
- Hadoop and in-memory data grid technologies.
- Amazon EC2 or equivalent cloud hosted product development experience
- Auto and EV consumer industry experience.
(Americans with Disability Specifications)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.