Moving America where it wants to go.
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Officer, Mobile eCommerce is a key member of Amtrak’s mobile eCommerce team which is responsible for customer-facing mobile programs.
The selected candidate will provide operational support of the mobile application booking channel, management of the mobile website and development of mobile features/enhancements for customers.
Management of Existing Services
- Identify issues with the existing booking channel and drive resolution of fixes to ensure continued revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Collect and evaluate customer feedback/insights on mobile website and applications.
- Manage the external vendor developing and operating the Amtrak mobile & assistive websites.
- Ensure that changes within Amtrak that could impact the mobile website are identified and addressed prior to release to customers.
- Coordinate with Amtrak teams on training, education, and communication to drive mobile adoption and deployment.
- Ensure existing mobile services maintain performance and functionality in rapidly changing mobile environments.
- Act as customer advocate for feature prioritization and user satisfaction focus. Drive continual product improvements.
Development of Services & Enhancements
- Provide leadership for individual program design, development, management, and success.
- Manage multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to deliver on Amtrak’s mobile strategy.
- Create business and design requirements documentation.
- Launch new services to customers.
- Measure and analyze the performance of mobile services, programs, and initiatives.
- Manage and publish reporting to monitor mobile performance against success metrics.
- Understand mobile industry developments and how they relate to Amtrak.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience
- Master's of Business Administration or related Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated years of overall experience
- Some years of proven product management experience for mobile or related solutions.
- Thorough understanding of iOS, Android, Windows Phone, mobile web and HTML5 ecosystems.
- Experience observing and evaluating consumer experience.
- Familiarity with metrics for mobile and online consumer businesses (user acquisition, usage analysis, consumer lifecycle, etc.).
- Experience writing business cases, performing cost/benefit analyses and determining ROI of alternatives.
- Experience with researching and implementing business software solutions and working with technical support teams to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the entire product lifecycle from conception to launch, post-launch evaluation and improvement.
- Skilled in collecting and responding to input from multiple sources (users, testers, engineering, competitive products, management, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues, including designers, software engineers, senior executives and partners.
- Demonstrated aptitude for delivering customer-centric innovations in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong management skills.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Some years of experience in an eCommerce or customer experience role.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
Amtrak trains connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. Amtrak employs...