Navman Wireless is one of the largest global providers of award-winning SaaS based vehicle tracking and mobile data solutions for commercial fleet management. The company is privately held, profitable, and currently growing revenue year over year. The core fleet management service allows customers to efficiently manage their mobile resources in the field, and integrates GPS, wireless data networks, devices, and SaaS applications that are elegant and easy to use. Forbes recently ranked Navman #65 in America’s 100 Most Promising Companies of 2011. Company currently serves 13,000 customers in 12 countries on five continents.
Navman Wireless is looking for an exceptional Performance Test Engineer, who will report to the Manager of Software Quality Assurance. The Performance Test Engineer will work within an international team comprised of developers, software testers, database engineers, and other IT members in a fast-paced, challenging, and growing environment to test the performance of our SaaS platform to ensure ongoing and optimal system performance, benchmarking the performance of our products from release to release. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience in load, stress, and endurance testing of data services and distributed enterprise applications. The Performance Test Engineer will be hands-on with programming and database skills. The candidate will work with the Operations team to collect production data, create workload models, and assist the engineering team in isolating and resolving performance issues, working with local and remote teams in Pune, India, as well as in Auckland, New Zealand.
The position is located in Pleasanton, CA. Occasional travel may be required.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an expert in performance testing of highly scalable, distributed server systems and components that can efficiently process millions of transactions a day
- Experience testing products developed on Microsoft platforms, such as .NET, MS SQL Server, and Visual Studio
- Experience testing multi-tiered client-server based data services against Web or SaaS applications
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL scripts, with a strong understanding of stored procedures
- Experience working with global teams
- Strong experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Ability to code in C#, Python, and VBScript to fine-tune and maintain performance scripts
- Experience with Google Maps or other similar Web Services
- Experience or foundational background in wireless, cellular or satellite telecommunications, in particular GPS or CDMA/GSM/GPRS services
- Experience working with virtualization technologies, like VMware or Hyper-V
- 5+ years of performance testing experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Indeed - 2 years ago