About Pinpoint MD
Pinpoint MD is a healthcare SaaS company focused on making a major difference in the healthcare experience for providers and patients. We are seeking a Rockstar PHP developer to join our talented, passionate and tight-knit team, who are working toward disrupting one of the most important, and messed up, sectors in our society.
About the Position
You must love solving problems, learn quickly, and be passionate about product development. You will be involved in building web based SAAS applications that will service thousands of physicians and patients. You will be directly involved in design and development of the application that includes scalable computing infrastructure that sees millions of page views a month.
Most projects involve very large volumes of data; so advanced experience with MySQL is required. Familiarity with MVC framework and experience in building web-based platform or enterprise level software is a major plus.
- Plan, research, develop logic, code, test and deploy several projects with minimal assistance
- Build an MVC web application/framework from the ground up using PHP & MySQL
- Setup and maintain servers that includes managing and working within Amazon Web Services
- Develop tools that will streamline internal and external processes
- Have extensive experience building enterprise level applications
- Make strategically-sound decisions with little information in a fast moving environment, and be able to influence change and drive process and structure.
- Minimum of 8 years experience programming in the software development industry
- Expert lèvel knowledge of LAMP stack and the MVC framework
- Proficient with PHP, data access layer development (MySQL preferred), and web-based software development
- Proficiency in front-end presentation layer development including HTML5, CSS, JQUERY, AJAX
- Linux administration (package management, shell scripting, user accounts)
- Exposure to design patterns, unit testing, source code control, and agile development methods
- Experience with scaling activities (load balancing, caching, database optimization, profiling)
- Ability to design and construct scalable and flexible API and web services to integrate a wide variety of internal tools and external partner applications
- Solid understanding of version control using "git", "Subversion" or similar.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience (verbal and written)
Ideal Candidate Would Possess - But Not Required for Consideration:
- Participated in an innovative project that successfully launched and scaled to 1 million or more monthly views - currently, or in the past
- Experience with Nginx, memcache and multi-tenant architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with technical Search Engine Optimization
- Experience working with Email, SMS, and social communication engine and measurement tools such as ExactTarget or BuddyMedia, etc.
- Prior work with iPhone/Android SDKs and/or cross-compilers
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including health (through Blue Cross Blue Shield), life, and dental insurance. We offer an attractive voluntary 401K program with a 20% match with a maximum company contribution of $10,000 annually.
- Please include your resume with cover letter and URLs of websites you’ve worked on
Indeed - 20 months ago