**Applications received through indeed.com will not be considered. Please visit http://www.pse.com/careers to apply.**
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Portfolio Analyst or Portfolio Analyst #33473
Puget Sound Energy’s Portfolio Hedging Department is looking for a Senior Portfolio Analyst or Portfolio Analyst, depending on qualifications, to join our team! This role will support medium-term energy portfolio management by analyzing PSE’s commodity transactions and financial data to establish company’s commodity hedging strategy. They will also be responsible for modeling the company’s asset portfolio to aid management in electric and gas planning. Identifies and presents possible utility business problems for management review.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Develops and maintains forecasting or optimization models for gas and electric resources such as hydroelectric projects, wind projects, thermal units, and gas storage, and long term contracts.
- Knowledge of the region’s hydroelectric resources and operations and the ability to understand the impact of precipitation, snow pack and other external factors on the regions hydro energy availability. Knowledge of regional hydro simulation models. Ability to develop hydro forecasts by utilizing the above knowledge and incorporates forecast for portfolio risk modeling.
- Analyzes power cost and EPS variability, and prepares reports to support power cost outlook reporting.
- Maintains PSE’s risk management system models and inputs.
- Portfolio Modeling utilizing risk management systems and developing tools and methods for representing assets within portfolio
- Detailed knowledge of portfolio risk calculations, sensitivity analyses to various risk factors, marginal risk analysis.
- Knowledge of applied mathematical areas such as linear programming, non-linear programming, integer programming, dynamic programming, applied statistics and ability to implement solutions in a production setting
- Reporting portfolio positions and management metrics. Communication of effect of transactions and deals on positions.
- Knowledge of Risk management systems and analytics behind modeling.
- Ability to communicate various aspects of the portfolio with regulatory groups.
- Ability to perform Quantitative analysis for supporting decision making related to current and future potential elements of the portfolio.
- Ability to communicate technical information to management and other groups within the organization.
- Supports WUTC rate case filings by preparing testimony and responding to (and initiating) data requests to responding parties.
- Analytical support for operational decisions such as resource acquisition, long term planning, and maintenance timing.
- Analysis and model development for use in intra-month position management and real time trading activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. (Economics, Statistics, Engineering or similar)
- 5 years work experience, preferably as a quantitative analyst in the energy industry.
- Proficiency with quantitative concepts including time-series analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, operations research, and statistics.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel, Access is expected, including proficiency in writing macros or queries in SQL or VBA.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Self starter with the ability to work effectively without direct supervision in a fast paced, stressful, and multitasking environment.
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field.
- 8+ years of energy industry experience, preferably in an analyst type role.
- Hands on experience building quantitative models using Crystal Ball, LP Solvers, or VBA.
- Mathematical programming experience in SAS, Matlab, or similar.
- Familiarity with financial analysis concepts and accounting principles.
- Previous experience with developing and using OLAP reports. (Cognos, Crystal).
- Programming experience in VB, C or FORTRAN.
- Knowledge of risk systems and portfolio management principles.
- Understanding of western gas and power markets supply and demand drivers, market fundamentals, transmission, and transportation.
This position will be filled as a Senior Portfolio Analyst or Portfolio Analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers