The Senior Pricing Manager will be a key contributor of the marketing team and will report to the Executive VP of Marketing. This position is a high visibility technical marketing position that will involve pricing, product marketing and sales support. The Senior Pricing Manager will have a deep understanding of the semiconductor industry and distribution channels including market dynamics, trends, key players and competition. He/she will not only be responsible for establishing a competitive pricing strategy and structure for our ecommerce platform, direct sales and channel partners but also forecast and manage inventory activity in order to achieve revenue, margin and inventory turn goals. The Senior Pricing Manager should be able to articulate the changing demands and challenges related to different parts of the product life cycle including excess inventory, EOL and obsolescence. Our ideal candidate is a high performer with excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills who thrives in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Oversees semi-conductor industry and distribution channel market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs
- Responsible for establishing a competitive pricing strategy and pricing structure for direct sales, ecommerce storefront (Componentsdirect.com) and channel partners
- Build analytical models to inform and influence pricing decisions
- Create market based quoting and pricing guidelines, volume curves, channel pricing etc.
- Maintain product knowledge and understand value position of products against competition, competing alternatives, and internal product offerings
- Manage product portfolio including forecasting, margin analysis, inventory management etc to achieve revenue and margin goals
- Act as key technical advisor to the sales team – provide responses to technical or content domain questions
- 5 - 10 years in semiconductor industry as a pricing or product marketing professional
- Strong understanding of semiconductor components product lines, customer base, distribution pricing and secondary market
- Expertise in pricing tools and management
- Strong modeling and presentation skills, experience and comfort with statistical modeling packages, and comfort with large datasets
- Strong team player who regularly volunteers to assist partners, take on additional responsibilities, and assist co-workers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent self-starter; solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Previous experience at a leading semi-conductor or distributor a plus
- Minimum Bachelors Degree. Electrical Engineering degree a plus.
Components Direct is a leading source for authorized end-of-life and excess electronic components. Our products are guaranteed grade A...