Express Solutions, a division of AXIS Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Underwriter handling E&O lines of business in their downtown St. Paul office. This position will actively market, analyze, review, evaluate and monitor new and renewal accounts submitted to the underwriting center. Provides leadership and organizational underwriting support, working with Operations, IT, Distribution and Product Management.
Specific responsibilities for our Senior Underwriter are as follows:
- Manage assigned book of business for profitability, growth, quality and sustainability.
- Review and evaluate new and renewal business based upon company underwriting guidelines and strategy.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with assigned producers.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of Express Solutions products.
- Gather market intelligence, understand competitor products, and effectively sell AXIS to distributors. Share information with Product Development team.
- Maintain familiarity with economic and legal factors that impact the department’s lines of business and the overall insurance industry.
- Work with all Express Solutions business units to identify trends and recommend strategic direction on assigned book of business. Suggest adjustments to appetite/underwriting considerations which will help AXIS Express respond to market changes while retaining profitability.
- Actively participate in product/segment analysis with respect to profitability, rating and appetite.
- Ensure files are maintained per Company procedures including but not limited to proper documentation, structure and authorization.
- Participate in the development and implementation of underwriting rules and the underwriting referral process as part of the overall Express operations workflow.
- Work with the Express team in the development, refinement and rollout of manual and system generated underwriting tools and processes.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5- 7 years of experience in underwriting. Minimum 3 years commercial E&O experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft and other computer applications
- Previous supervisory/ leadership experience and professional industry specific designations a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, excellent work environment and free parking.
Indeed - 22 months ago
AXIS Capital is the Bermuda-based holding company of the AXIS group of companies. AXIS Capital provides specialty insurance and reinsurance...