AXIS Insurance has a new opportunity for a Senior Underwriting Assistant in our downtown San Francisco office.
The Senior Underwriting Assistant will work for our Risk Management Property Division and under limited supervision will perform a variety of advanced administrative duties involving the processing of new and renewal business including maintenance of records and materials and related work as required. This position requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative and performs related work as required. The position will serve in a lead role as subject matter expert and trainer.
More specifically the Senior Underwriting Assistant for Risk Management Property will:
- Prepare necessary information and forward to the CAT unit for RISK Browser input and reports
- Prepare and forward appropriate documentation to solicit facultative reinsurance quotes
- Review property inspection reports and highlight information for underwriting where applicable
- Review manuscript and underlying policy forms for underwriting evaluation
- Make direct contact with brokers and their assistants including participating in meetings and visits as required
- Respond to internal requests by accounting, actuary, operations, etc
- Coordinate file pulls and manage the diary system to ensure that all necessary information is received within established timelines
- Review new submissions for complete information and appropriate underwriting appetite
- Prepare renewal list and forward to appropriate unit for renewal solicitation letters and evaluations as directed by underwriting
- Prepare the renewal for underwriting review and evaluation for quotations and binders
- Act as peer training coordinator by setting up the training schedule per business unit, assigning training assignments based on the underwriting discipline, research the appropriate training resources, liaise with PMO on technology initiatives for training, and coordinate quality reviews for all operating units
- Review audits for accuracy with evaluations for underwriting
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- College degree preferred, and/or equivalent work experience in multi line commercial insurance
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of Underwriting Assistant experience within the Commercial insurance industry
- Solid mathematical aptitude
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Accomplished in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills, as well as strong customer service skills- ability to problem solve and communicate professionally with the broker contacts
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Proficient knowledge of underwriting principles and processes
- Strong Commercial Property background –Knowledge of Excess and Primary Property Insurance principles and workflows- Aptitude to work on large, complex Property accounts
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent work environment.
AXIS Capital is the Bermuda-based holding company of the AXIS group of companies. AXIS Capital provides specialty insurance and reinsurance...