Available position entails overseeing all activity in the agency's fashion, lifestle and beauty clients.
- Working as part of a multi-city team to develop client proposals and implement PR activity
- Providing supervision of agency activity as division manager and interfacing with account team for daily pitch efforts
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for client opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local and national editors and producers on behalf of clients, coordinating exposure opportunities with media, community and celebrity talent, as well as filling editorial information and interview requests
- Ensuring completion and proper edits of regular client reports, and attending client meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Pitching reactive and proactive story concepts to the media and performing necessary follow-through
- Event coordination, including special events and press conferences for tactics such as planning, logistics and on-site media management needs
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should be a disciplined, dedicated and energetic self-starter who possesses a professional demeanor, leadership abilities and event coordination skills. Well-honed organizational skills are a must.
- 5+ years of strong agency experience working with major hospitality and lifestyle accounts in a leadership position
- Candidates MUST have strong, existing relationships with key regional and national media and other relevant industry contacts
- Interpersonal skills, plus confidence and good presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope well under pressure
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work on more than one project at a time
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to take initiative
TARA, Ink. is a full-service, bilingual, public relations, creative marketing and special events firm specializing in modern culture. We offer a highly comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to achieve our clients' goals through intelligent press copy, selective media placement, celebrity outreach, entertainment tie-ins, special events and promotions. www.taraink.com.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and references.
Indeed - 18 months ago
TARA, Ink. is a full-service, bilingual, public relations, creative marketing and special events firm specializing in modern culture. We...