American IT Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Sr. RHEL Administrator for an immediate, long term contract in NYC. We can only work with US Citizens and/or Green Card Holders at this time!
Please send updated resume & hourly rate requirements!
- Satellite Server experience & RHEL Clustering experience is a must have!
Senior RHEL Administrator
We are looking for a senior (onsite) RHEL Server Administrator with 5+ years of experience in the NYC area who is well versed in RHEL administration, DNS fundamentals, BIND Network fundamentals, RHEL security setting, Linux diagnostics tools and RHEL 4,5 and 6 versions. This is a (6-9) month onsite engagement in the NYC area. This candidate also needs to be familiar with Satellite server, RHEL Cluster Manager, and Kickstart server. Experience with Cron, shell or Perl scripting is required. Production environmental proficiency with NIS, NFS, BIND, Sendmail SNMP, TFTP, Syslogd, Snort, and Splunk is highly desirable. Knowledge of interfacing technologies: SAN (Brocade and Cisco), storage arrays (Netapps), RHEL running on ESX/VMs and networking necessary is valuable. Ability to demonstrate analytical/problem solving ability, time management, oral/written communications and organizational skills is required. RHCE certification a real plus.
1. Provides specialized systems support for the implementation, administration, and operation of development and production systems through the following activities:
- Coordinating the activities of systems management staff, including planning future projects, scheduling conflicting and interdependent tasks, monitoring work in progress, and training staff on system administrative and operational procedures.
- Performing complex troubleshooting tasks related to system and data communications hardware and software and providing technical support to other staff in areas where additional technical expertise is needed.
- Assisting in documenting system administrative and operational procedures including areas of system hardware implementation, system software installation and maintenance, production software deployment, production system configuration and administration, production system monitoring, and development system administration.
- Coordinating with third-party hosting services and hardware and software product vendors to respond to events and resolve issues that arise in the use of those services and products in the operation of systems.
- Acting as project leader on new equipment specification, acquisition, and installation, including evaluation of current and proposed hardware and software requirements, and testing and evaluating products for their applicability to needs.
2. Develops and prepares analytical and statistical reports concerning hardware performance and system throughput capability to assist systems management with long and short term capacity planning and performance / scalability objectives for both development and production systems.
3. Assists in supervising system management operations and provides leadership in handling issues as they occur
4. Maintains current knowledge of developments in the field
5. Participates in special project and performs other duties as assigned.
6. High level of expertise in management of UNIX and Linux operating systems. (Solaris and Red Hat)
7. Writes and maintains advanced scripts in Perl and shell scripting languages.
- Through knowledge of formal principles and practices/techniques in system and network concepts and technology.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to perform advanced research that involves interpretation and analysis from a variety of sources, including sources and/or data that need to be developed.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit technical documentation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel, and to communicate and advise others on issues that are complex and/or sensitive in nature.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, including the ability to organize and lead the work of others performing closely related or allied work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven ability to work in a facilitation and liaison capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to perform problem diagnosis and/or implementation of product releases or changes, so that normal system operational workflow is not disturbed.
- Ease with create certificate request and installing certificates with keytool.