Keynote, the global SaaS leader in cloud-based testing, monitoring, and analytics for mobile & web, is on a mission to help our customers deliver the best possible digital experience. Backed by leading private equity firm Thoma Bravo, Keynote is optimizing the value of every digital interaction, enhancing user experience and driving business value for our customers’ online performance. With a performance-oriented, fast paced, and collaborative team, the company runs the world’s largest cloud testing, monitoring, and analytics network – collecting more than 700 million mobile & web measurements daily. Driven by a customer-focused culture of innovation, Keynote’s customers represent top mobile & web companies including LinkedIn, Ancestry.com, Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
In 2012 Keynote was recognized by Forbes as "One of the Best 100 Companies in America". Happy customers, happy employees – and happy to have you join the team! At Keynote we thrive in changing things up for the better, leveraging our big data infrastructure and cutting-edge analytics to Make Every Digital Experience Count.
We have an immediate opening for a smart, commitment-driven and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to enhance existing features and develop new features for core products in our San Mateo, California headquarters. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the engineering and leadership of software agent that enables remote access and device screen object discovery to Keynote products.
This position will work closely with development engineers, product managers, operations and customers throughout all stages of the product cycle. The successful candidate must possess the problem solving skills needed to overcome complex technical hurdles, and have the drive to learn and adapt to the latest technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop next generation Keynote DirectToDevice technology to enable remote access and object level scripting for Android and iOS platforms
- Participate in reverse engineering of mobile operating system internals to enable our background agents running in mobile OS platforms
- Work with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality technologies on time.
- Work with operations, support and sales to ensure customers are successful with developing and deploying their mission critical applications using the technologies you develop.
- Influence/mentor peers, juniors and seniors both within your team and across Keynote.
- Quickly understand existing code and contribute in a way consistent with prior coding conventions.
- Process and fix defects in the software.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- 5+ years of C/C++ development in Linux or embedded operating system
- Proficient in Java
- Expertise in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Expertise in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Excellent problem solver
- Experience in mobile operating system kernel including iOS and Android is strongly desired
- Experience in finding vulnerabilities to jailbreak iOS and root Android is strongly desired
- Experience in ARM architecture
- Understanding of general architecture and design of web sites.
- Understanding of Web 2.0 / Rich Internet Applications
- Experience with multi-release team-based product development cycles