Keynote, the global SaaS leader in cloud-based testing, monitoring, and analytics for mobile & web, is on a mission to help our customers deliver the best possible digital experience. Backed by leading private equity firm Thoma Bravo, Keynote is optimizing the value of every digital interaction, enhancing user experience and driving business value for our customers’ online performance. With a performance-oriented, fast paced, and collaborative team, the company runs the world’s largest cloud testing, monitoring, and analytics network – collecting more than 700 million mobile & web measurements daily. Driven by a customer-focused culture of innovation, Keynote’s customers represent top mobile & web companies including LinkedIn, Ancestry.com, Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
In 2012 Keynote was recognized by Forbes as "One of the Best 100 Companies in America". Happy customers, happy employees – and happy to have you join the team! At Keynote we thrive in changing things up for the better, leveraging our big data infrastructure and cutting-edge analytics to Make Every Digital Experience Count.
We have an immediate opening for a smart, commitment-driven and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to enhance existing features, develop new features for core products in our San Mateo, California headquarters. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the engineering and leadership of back-end applications with initiatives to build highly scalable and reliable infrastructure.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will enhance, extend and support our core agent technology. Keynote's agent technology include over 1400 agents deployed in over 100 US and International locations and it is used by major brands and household names from the Fortune 500 in nearly every industry sector, so the product functionality is highly visible. This position will work closely with development engineers, product managers, operations and customers throughout all stages of the product cycle must possess the problem solving skills to overcome complex technical hurdles and have the drive to learn and adapt to the latest technologies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and implementation of a new generation of high performance/high availability backend infrastructure.
- Implementation of new functionality and product enhancements across various Keynote core agents technology
- Quickly understand existing code and contribute in a way consistent with prior coding conventions
- Process and fix defects in the software
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree
- 3-7 years full-time professional software development and programming experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in software development with Java, HTTP, TCP/IP, high performance servers.
- Linux/Unix experience
- Proficiency in TCP/IP, XML, HTTP, Java Script
- Basic proficiency in C/C++ is a plus.
- Excellent programming discipline: OOP and design patterns, unit testing, code organization
- Superior verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas and to design and document projects in a clear, concise way
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Academic coursework and excellence in a technical field
- Understanding of general architecture and design of web sites.
- Understanding of Web 2.0 / Rich Internet Applications
- Experience with multi-release team-based product development cycles