BCM Global Tech has a great opportunity with one of our Denver, CO clients for a Senior SQL Database Administrator.
This is for a permanent full-time position.
The Senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing operational
leadership in support of my client's key transactional database environment. Beyond core operational responsibilities, knowledge of designing and
implementing large scale data architecture to enable business intelligence is highly desirable.
This is an exciting ground floor opportunity to create a resilient SQL server infrastructure
running the latest Microsoft and VMWare tools in support of current and future needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform system architecture, design and installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher on
optimized virtual and/or physical infrastructure
- Create high capacity resilient SQL infrastructure using appropriate clustering techniques
- Architect efficient ETL processes including hands-on ETL development and review of
ETL load jobs for consistency and quality
- Develop and own strategy for database backup and recovery
- Promote best practices for SQL code promotion from development to production databases
- Perform data modeling both logical and physical
- Perform proactive database maintenance and tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance
- Perform capacity planning including allocation of system storage and planning future storage requirements
- Install and manage tools for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Develop and manage a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary
- BS in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field of study, or equivalent experience and training.
- 6-8 years in IT operations
- 3-5 years of progressive Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Ability to align with the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2012
- Microsoft SSIS, SSRS experience
- Working knowledge of SAN storage (EMC)
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtualization software
- Operational knowledge of MySQL and Oracle is highly desired
My client is looking at a salary range of $85,000 to $100,000 and full benefits.
If you are qualified, interested and available, please send an updated resume along with your salary expectations for immediate consideration.
If not interested please pass along to friends and colleagues who may be a good fit! Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing from you!