**Please visit http://www.pse.com/careers to apply.**
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Storage Analyst or Below #26233
Puget Sound Energy’s Enterprise Storage and Backup Department is looking for a Senior Storage Analyst or below, depending on qualifications, to join our team! PSE needs someone that can manage servers, storage, operating systems and applications to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing systems and development and implementation of systems enhancements. They will be responsible for production support – monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, enhancing and providing advanced customer support. The ideal candidate will also work on deployment and/or implementation – planning and executing the implementation of new applications or system integration and testing. Responsible for design – researching, recommending and designing new technologies, new configurations and enhancements to existing systems; providing consulting advice to customers on the capabilities of the network environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Supports the Enterprise SAN and SAN attached arrays, network attached storage (NAS), and tape backup/restore technology in a mission/business critical environment. Day-to-day support of computing environments (e.g. UNIX, Linux, Wintel,), typically teamed with data center operations, production support and escalation teams.
- Contributes to standards.
- Implements moderately complex technology solutions with minimal supervision.
- Serves as the high-level technical resource for technologies which may span the enterprise. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis.
- Works with various vendors to maintain equipment including firmware, service packs, security patches, etc to ensure the maximum performance, security, and availability of the systems.
- Demonstrates the application of technology to defined requirements and has a detailed understanding of some infrastructure architectures.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of new system architectures, systems, tools, and techniques. Also performs the implementation once selections have been made.
- Advises on selection of technology purchases.
- Understands and promotes standards, guidelines, and policies for the use and integration of technology.
- Participates in capacity planning, system installations, upgrades, and other maintenance activities for enterprise and departmental systems.
- Reviews the environment and proactively implements changes to reduce problems and work stoppage.
- Analyzes system-wide performance indicators. Changes system software and parameters to ensure maximum system operating efficiency and availability as directed.
- Updates/creates system documentation which may affect multiple teams.
- Manages or consults on small projects to ensure proper allocation of resources, and high client satisfaction.
- Effectively manages day-to-day relationships with business partners, vendors, professional peers, and other team members.
- Works with IT personnel across all segments.
- Estimates resource and costs for smaller systems and medium projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 4 years of experience working in distributed computing technologies.
- 2 years of experience in system design and troubleshooting.
- "Product-line" knowledge of storage vendors that are strategic partners in the implementation and maintenance of the SAN.
- Experience with large, enterprise SAN environments, including the design, configuration, and administration.
- Extensive administration knowledge, including performance tuning, system integration, application integration and standardization support.
- Experience with storage management software to manage SAN/NAS environment (e.g. HSSM / App-IQ).
- Knowledge in developing SAN/Storage reporting systems that provide web-enabled capacity planning, storage utilization reports.
- Developing SAN, storage and application monitoring tools.
- Solid experience with systems monitoring, job scheduling, system configuration.
- Demonstrated project management experience managing implementations of new enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
- Experience as a project team member of an enterprise implementation.
- Knowledge of network operating systems.
- Proven effective track record of customer interactions.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- 5 or more years experience with SAN/NAS technology including Unix and Intel based or mainframe SAN solutions, large systems storage or server configuration, administration and tools.
- Specific skill sets may include these and others:
o Fibre Channel fabric configuration and zoning.
o VMware administration.
o Unix administration as related to backup and recovery.
- Experience with many of the following: EMC (Clariion, Symmetrix, VNX, Celarra, Connectrix manager, ECC), EMC Data Domain disk backup solutions, Fibre switches, IBM Fast-t, SAN, NAS, Unix (AIX, Linux), Windows (XP/Vista,Windows 7, Server 2003 and 2008) Symantec Netbackup,
- Demonstrated experience and a strong foundation (conceptually and "hands-on") in SAN zoning, LUN masking, fiber channel protocol, and TCP/IP's use in storage management.
- Experience with Active Directory, , DNS, WINS, and DHCP site architecture development
- Broad scope of experience within a large information systems environment.
- Desirable certifications:
o Cisco Storage Networking Design Specialist
o Cisco Storage Networking Support Specialist
o EMC Proven Professional Implementation Engineer – Expert
o EMC Proven Professional Storage Administrator
o EMC Proven Professional Storage Technologist – Specialist
o EMC Proven Professional Technology Architect
o IBM Certified Specialist - Storage Networking Solutions, Version 2
o SNIA Certified Architect
o SNIA Certified Storage Networking Expert
o SNIA Certified Storage Professional
o SNIA Certified Systems Engineer
- Experience with a complete project cycle from inception to completion.
- Experience as a project leader of sub-projects of enterprise-level initiatives.
This opening will be filled as a Senior Storage Analyst, Storage Analyst or Associate Storage Analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 2 years ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...