iMemories is a dynamic, growing company. We have an established presence focused on preserving your personal and family memories, converting any film, video, photos, and slides you have into digital images and movies that you can view online, on your phone or tablet, or on custom-created DVDs or Blu-rays. Moving into the “born digital” world, we are taking the next exciting steps adding new products into our portfolio and expanding our existing customer-facing applications to help you create and preserve your future family memories.
The Candidate will have a passion for technology and a desire to learn new technologies while growing their storage systems and administration skills. The Candidate will be comfortable spending part of a day editing configs, replacing hard drives in the server room, and planning a system upgrade; they will not be bored. They will work closely with other Systems Administrators, Software Engineers, and, on occasion, Operations to expand existing storage volumes upgrade or change technologies, bring new volumes or configurations online. Experience with multi-site data centers and large or high-traffic environments is essential.
- Ownership of storage hardware and systems, including backup systems and processes
- Ownership of storage QA environment
- Ownership of application software and workstations used by the Operations organization
- Integrity, security, and stability of all volumes
- Participate in network, hardware, and storage capacity planning and expansion
- Participate in technical architecture and design discussions as a storage expert
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Lead effort on defining, implementing, and integrating storage solutions with all aspects of net-work and operational architecture and infrastructure.
- Review and evaluate storage platforms and technologies including firmware, hardware, file sys-tem/software. Conduct POCs as needed. Provide recommendations on hardware and software.
- Plan and prioritize file system/software and hardware upgrades and deployments. Coordinate with Operations on anything requiring outages that will cause work interruption.
- Identify and define performance characteristics and attributes of all storage volumes. Support capacity planning efforts.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and maintenance of all storage volumes.
- Perform hardware installs and cabling including upgrades and replacements.
- Troubleshoot any and all storage-related issues.
- Provide 24/7 support in an on-call rotation.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions for business networks and storage applications is highly desirable
- Experience with large-scale ( >1PB) storage installations is required
- Experience with Gluster is required.
- Experience with Lustre is highly desirable
- Knowledge of NAS technology is required. Experience with NetApp, Isilon or equivalent is a plus
- Extensive file system knowledge is required such as ext3/4, XFS, NFS, NTFS, HFS, SMB/CIFS, and shared file systems
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) is required
- Strong knowledge in TCP/ip networking
- Extensive experience with Networked/shared storage management is required
- Experience with host-client configuration and management is required
- Experience with RAID configuration and management is required
- Experience performing snapshot and remote data backups is required
- Experience imaging, configuring, and installing storage hardware is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
No relocation available but will consider virtual work options.
Indeed - 19 months ago