mSpot is music. We’re a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile entertainment to our customers ANYWHERE. We’re responsible for the innovative online cloud service where people can store music and movies and access them whenever they want, and we are revolutionizing the viewing and listening experience. We already have a global music catalog with over 19 million titles. If you haven’t heard of us yet, you’re about to!
In this position you’ll be a critical member of a tight-knit operations team responsible for our highly scalable internet infrastructure, software deployment for both engineering and production, monitoring, reporting, etc. We use AWS as our computing platform and are still growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity to leave behind legacy environments and design something new.
Skills and Experience
- Passion for excellence in systems operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based computing platforms (EC2, VPC,SES, S3, RDS)
- Proven success in deployment/management: Chef, git, func, cobbler, RPM
- Experience designing and troubleshooting internet focused production environments
- Proficiency in at least 2 scripting languages (PHP, C, Java, Phython, Bash)
- Solid understanding of Linux
- BSCS or 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of best practices in security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Support of OS: Centos, red hat
- Configuration and support of web servers (Apache, Tomcat)
- Monitoring: OPS/View/Nagios/MRTG
- Security: Samhain/OSSEC
- Firewall: ClearOS/Cisco ASA
- Networking, routing and VPN
- DBs: MySQL, Cassandra
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a major electronics leader. We’ve partnered with major film studios, music labels, media companies, and all major carriers and handset manufacturers to ensure client satisfaction. We’re located in Palo Alto, the epicenter of innovation. If you’re creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we’d love to meet you! EOE, no agencies, please.