Greatbatch's Information Technology team is looking for a senior Systems Analyst who leads and performs systems planning, configuration, and maintenance required for the Microsoft enterprise platforms and related systems installed in Greatbatch’s enterprise. Performs duties in the following technology disciplines: Windows Systems Administration, Storage Management, Email System (MS Exchange) Management, and Virtualization Platform (VMware) Management. Ensures systems availability per SLA providing key insight to technology scalability and reliability.
- Responsible for global monitoring systems including Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager and HP Insight.
- Will be responsible for installing updates to the system, tuning monitors to ensure they are actionable and configure alerts to be sent as appropriate.
- Responsible for systems patch management for Microsoft, VMWare, HP, EMC etc.
- Lead resource in server refresh and optimization efforts to ensure environment is kept current, supportable and scalable. Recommends and implements automation of manual tasks to improve efficiencies of services.
- Lead the maturity of systems documentation. Identifies area of IT demand regarding capacity recommending appropriate planning and mitigation to ensure optimal system performance and availability.
- Lead effective collaboration with 3rd party DBA vendor for Microsoft SQL Database Administration in support of business critical systems.
- Responsible for Email System, including installing updates, troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring availability and performance of the system.
- Responsible for VMware Infrastructure including installing new systems, installing updates, troubleshooting technical issues, escalating support cases with vendor, building new virtual servers as requested.
- Responsible for Windows File/Print Infrastructure, including installing updates, troubleshooting technical issues, escalation support cases with vendor, providing guidance to peers on permissions configurations.
- Responsible for the support of the Symantec Enterprise Vault File Archiving System and associated tier 2 storage.
- Responsible for Storage Administration including installing new systems, troubleshooting technical problems with existing systems, escalating support cases with vendor, analyzing performance slowdowns, and provision new storage.
- Assist in support and maintenance of the Altiris Client Management backend infrastructure. Demonstrated knowledge of participating in and complying with incident management, change management and problem management including root cause analysis.
- Recommends improvements to existing systems including upgrades, capacity, performance.
- Acts as lead resource for major systems projects acquisition integrations, new sites build-outs, major systems integration & projects.
- Acts as point of escalation for technical issues.
- Participate in defining standards and metrics for systems.
- Complies with all IT and Greatbatch policies and procedures.
- Performs other functions as required to preserve SLA to customer base .
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5-7 years of related experience
- Specialized knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, Exchange Email System, and VMware vCenter.. Minimum of MCSA required, prefer MCSE. Minimum of VCP required, VCAP highly desired. Addition knowledge of products and technologies such as Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault, SQL, EMC Storage and Altiris are highly desired.
- Special Skills: Excellent Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Other: Travel 15%, Participated in On-call rotation and After Hours Maintenance Windows
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard