This position will ensure reliable and effective data and network infrastructure services through installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and network hardware and software. Senior Network Engineers analyze and resolve high level network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This individual will gather requirements, design solutions and plan and execute implementations using best practices and standards. Senior Network Engineers are expected to have the expertise to enhance the existing network design, implement additional network elements and provide ongoing support and maintenance, including all analysis tools and monitoring.
- Comprehensive knowledge in IP & VoIP networking, data communications and systems engineering with an understanding and experience dealing with multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi-vendor equipment and network protocols.
- Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design, security, and implementation strategies.
- Effectively diagnose and troubleshoot high level computer malfunction relating to faulty hardware, software, server and/or network.
- Provide senior networking expertise to the network team.
- Maintain and oversee quality of disk backups of all servers.
- Implement, maintain and oversee wireless network.
- Implement, maintain and oversee converged Voice, Video and Data networks.
- Communicate effectively regarding maintenance of networked technologies.
- Implement quality control procedures to improve uptime of network and server devices.
- Deploy and maintain server operating systems and software.
- Manage Microsoft AD, Email, Messaging, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and SCCM servers.
- Manage Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Emergency Responder Servers and applications.
- Coordinate with the other teams to establish and maintain network systems.
- Coordinate with network team and other teams to design and implement automated deployment and maintenance technologies.
- Provide network support, including installation of network hardware, software, systems documentation, and training.
- Lead special technology projects as required.
- Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess one of the following active certifications: CCNP, CCIE
- Strong experience with Microsoft networks (MCSE Preferred)
- Experience deploying applications in a Citrix Presentation Server environment
- Detailed knowledge of networking technologies and components
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Experience maintaining Storage Area Networks (SANS)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL clusters in a production environment
- Experience using automated deployment and maintenance technologies
- Familiarity with load balancers
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining a VMware-based environment Experience employing warranty procedures for network and server devices
- Ability to diagnose high level networking and server issues
- Experience supporting converged Voice, Video and Data networks
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs to a height of up to 4 feet occasionally
Indeed - 18 months ago
Something wonderful happens when you meld specialists in education with experts in IT. You create advanced, cloud-based solutions that work...