At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Windows Analyst #26232
Puget Sound Energy’s Enterprise Core Services Department is looking for a Senior Windows Analyst to join our team! This position will manage servers, storage, operating systems and applications to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing systems and development and implementation of systems enhancements. This role will monitor, troubleshoots, configures, enhances and provides advanced customer support. There will be opportunities to plan and execute the implementation of new applications or system integration and testing. We are looking for someone who can researche, recommend and design new technologies, new configurations and enhancements to existing systems. Lastly, they will provide consulting advice to customers on the capabilities of the network environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Primary focus will be the implementation, maintenance, and senior technical support of the SCCM & SCOM enterprise infrastructure.
- Supports the Windows family of operating systems to include: AD, DHCP, FTP, Powershell, Email workflow, SCCM, SCOM, Win OS, DNS, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Contributes to standards.
- Implements moderately complex technology solutions with minimal supervision.
- Serves as the highest-level technical resource for technologies which may span the enterprise. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis.
- Works with various vendors to maintain equipment including firmware, service packs, security patches, etc to ensure the maximum performance, security, and availability of the systems.
- Demonstrates the application of technology to defined requirements and has a detailed understanding of some infrastructure architectures.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of new system architectures, systems, tools, and techniques. Also performs the implementation once selections have been made.
- Advises on selection of technology purchases.
- Understands and promotes standards, guidelines, and policies for the use and integration of technology.
- Participates in capacity planning, system installations, upgrades, and other maintenance activities for enterprise and departmental systems.
- Reviews the environment and proactively implements changes to reduce problems and work stoppage.
- Analyzes system wide performance indicators. Changes system software and parameters to ensure maximum system operating efficiency and availability as directed.
- Updates/creates system documentation which may affect mutliple teams.
- Manages or consults on small projects to ensure proper allocation of resources, and high client satisfaction.
- Effectively manages day to day relationships with business partners, vendors, professional peers, and other team members.
- Works with IT personnel across all segments.
- Estimates resource and costs for smaller systems and medium projects.
- Operates under minimal direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have expert knowledge of SCOM/SCCM in an enterprise of 1000+ servers and 1000+ pcs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or combination of education and/or experience.
- Advanced experience working with IT LAN/WAN network applications/procedures and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), and GUI interfaces.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS commands, software upgrades, and with network routing and bridging protocols.
- Profecient in the understanding and troubleshooting of the Windows family of operating systems to include four (4) of the following nine (9) core competencies: AD, DHCP, FTP, Powershell, Email workflow, SCCM, SCOM, Win OS, DNS, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Advanced knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools.
- Advanced experience with participating in projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Advanced experience supporting Windows operating systems deploying enterprise-wide applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table.
- Good documentation, teamwork and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and the implementation of SCOM/SCCM 2012
- 5 years of experience in large scale enterprise migrations and upgrades.
- Detailed technical writing and documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
This opening is eligible for PSE’s Employee Referral Program.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 17 months ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...