Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Firmwide Internet team is responsible for the technology that powers the firm’s public web site, Intranet site, and institutional web portals. These sites run the spectrum from static content-delivery sites, to dynamic web-based trading systems. Technologies include open-source as well as proprietary web frameworks, content management systems, search engines.
The team is seeking an experienced web developer to focus on the group’s next generation of web and content management systems. The candidate must be a thought leader, work well as part of a team, and have experience building mission critical web sites through the entire application lifecycle, including requirements gathering, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Developing, testing and supporting features for globally deployed web sites.
- Collaboration with web designers and a focus on best practices for user experience on the web
- Work with the global team to prioritize and schedule deliverables
- Train and support junior team members and technology clients for our software offering and web best-practices
- Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
- Server-side Java development (5+ years)
- Experience with threading and synchronization
- Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2)
- Experience working in Tomcat and Apache
- Unix/Linux experience (3+ years)
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with NoSQL (MongoDB, Solr)
- Familiarity with JQuery
-Familiarity with Hadoop
- Programming in Perl and shell scripts"