SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures. * Installs, maintains and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and systems.
- Repairs brake, water heating and sanitation systems.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating and cooling equipment and related piping.
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems.
- Experience testing equipment and repairs to water and sanitation systems.
- Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of specialized tools, equipment and measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Some computer skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
Preference will be given to local applicants.
Moving America where it wants to go.
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 21,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.