Shipping Manager will have overall responsibility for the distribution of all finished shipped goods for PSG Grand Terrace. Position will provide leadership and direction to the warehouse / shipping department in areas of responsibility including administration, shipping, scheduling employees, quality, safety and environmental duties. Position will assure customer satisfaction and apply lean practices as way not how and will fully agree to lean practices within PSG Grand Terrace. Position reports into Inventory Control Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, on a daily basis, typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating as related to shipping department.
- Manages with Warehouse Manager / Customer Service / Purchasing to assure product flow through to customer.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time mitigation of product loss and or being damaged during shipping processing.
- Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance.
- Ensures accuracy of all shipping documents and invoicing of shipments.
- Manage shipping process for international and national for all PSG Grand Terrace.
- Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, and lean operations with 5S at beginning at end of each shift.
- Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of organizational targets and objectives.
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Is responsible for expense management and control of costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure.
- Commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
4 years of production and shipping Management experience and at least in a college program, computer literacy and exposure to lean manufacturing and logistics processes basic math skills.
- College degree preferably in Integrated Supply Management or Logistics program and or work experience equivalent
- Preference for APICS certification
- Broad knowledge of Logistics and Inventory Control processes
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, able to prioritize and manage different projects concurrently
- Committed to continuing education and applying best practices through lean.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office® programs, ERP, On-line tracking)
- Excellent people skills and adaptable to change. “Team Player”
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...