- Lead the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance effort on the project site in conformance with and according to the following:
o Zero unsafe behavior, zero injury values
o Zero environmental and permit non-compliance events
o Environmental, Health and Safety Plan (EHASP)
o Environmental, Health and Safety Procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Construction Team with respect to EHS matters specific to the project jurisdiction and in accord with permit requirements.
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to a staff of subordinate Safety Coordinators (if assigned based on project size)
- Ensure “on-boarding” site specific EHS training for all personnel assigned to the site
- Establish a strong team ethos between the EHS team, sub-contractor EHS representatives, consultants, community members and the construction management team
- Provide timely and accurate incident and statistical reporting as required
- Provide daily auditing by using detailed knowledge of Federal Construction Safety Standards (29 CFR 1926 and 1910), recordkeeping requirements (29 CFR 1904)
- Assist in Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) execution and maintenance.
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Be able to apply typical reports, spreadsheets and documentation using Microsoft applications and other applications as may be assigned for use and trained
- A minimum of five years of Safety experience is required for this position.
- Proven ability to understand the dynamics of a large area construction project, often with multiple sub-contractors and >200 personnel on-site is required
- Experience in construction of energy (electrical generation) facilities is desired
- Proven understanding of the construction environment and the ability to lead detailed Job Hazard Assessments and provide alternative means of compliance when necessary
- Minimum level of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications such as First Aid, CPR, AED, DAQEM Dust Monitor, EMT, CSST, VEE, Storm Water Manager, NFPA 70e, are helpful.
Indeed - 21 months ago
CLP was founded in 1987 in Emeryville, California, and has developed and maintained an experience driven reputation for connecting our...