TITLE: Six Sigma Green Belt
LOCATION: Gas City, Indiana (greater Indianapolis area)
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
Lead Six Sigma Teams in the implementation and ongoing execution of American Woodmark’s Six Sigma initiatives throughout the Gas City, IN plant with the goal of reducing variation and improving processes to further enhance AWC’s customer’s total quality experience.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Teams using Six Sigma following the DMAIC process.
- Deliver projects that provide statistically significant improvement in variation reduction. Review progress with PLT at DMAIC gate reviews.
- Train team members and plant employees on the Six Sigma tools and methodologies where needed.
- Assist plant leadership in validating Six Sigma projects that drive improvement across the plant.
- Deliver projects that provide statistically significant improvements in variation reduction
- Recognize when problems should be solved using Six Sigma, Lean or Strategic Equipment Excellence (SEE).
- Facilitate cross-functional teams engaged in engineering work, new product development, quality, Lean, and Six Sigma activities.
- Building strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas within the plant, including team members in improvement activities.
- Share best practices with other eight other plants.
- Prepare, coordinate, and lead training in classroom and practical setting.
Coach, coordinate, and manage Six Sigma Teams. Responsibilities may include selecting team members, training, project planning, assigning and approving work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. There are no direct reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent hands on training required.
- 5-8 years manufacturing experience in a team leader/manager role.
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading 3+ projects per year and facilitating teams in a plant environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Prior Lean certification is strong plus.
- Extensive applied knowledge of capability studies, control charts/plans, R&R, and FMEA.
- Management style must be consistent with and support 2019 Vision and C.I.T.E. (Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence) principles.
- Relocation assistance provided.
- Some weekend and off-shift work required.
- Up to 25% travel maybe required.
- Compensation package includes base salary up to $69K with a 15% bonus opportunity.
Indeed - 12 months ago
American Woodmark Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of kitchen and bath cabinets for the remodeling and new home...