Newsday.com is looking for a social media coordinator to help manage our Twitter, Facebook and overall social media strategy, oversee comments on the website and manage user-generated content from our headquarters in Melville, Long Island.
The ideal candidate is a sharp, hardworking and flexible journalist who not only uses social media but also reads about it, thinks about it, and stays on top of media organizations' newest social media initiatives.
- Engage users daily on multiple social media platforms
- Monitor tips from social media on breaking news to inform online and print editors
- Track metrics and referral rates from social media and draft weekly and monthly reports
- Draft and implement new approaches to enhance our social media presence
- Advise editors and reporters on using social media in newsgathering
- Monitor comments and user-generated content on newsday.com
- Develop relationships with other sites to get Newsday content featured on aggregator and other sites
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communications or related field
- Previous experience in a newsroom setting
- Experience with community-building and newsgathering on various social media platforms
- Rock-solid grammar and writing skills
- Flexibility to work various shifts, which may include weekends
Interested candidates please send a resume and links to both a Twitter feed and Facebook page you have managed (personally or professionally) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JournalismJobs.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -