XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, is seeking a Software Business Analyst to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: The purpose of the Software Business Analyst is to support the design and development of software solutions by gathering business requirements, proposing software solutions, assessing alternatives, and determining the impact of these solutions to the existing software systems and business processes. This is accomplished with the use of business analysis tools and documenting software solutions in the form of a client and business requirements documents. The business analyst works closely with product managers, client support, and product development to ensure that the requirements documents present designed software solutions that are feasible, meet the client’s requirements and support strategic business initiatives.
- Leading requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible and conform to standards
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases and scenarios, product analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Decomposing high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements
- Writing those requirements in client and business requirements documents according to standard templates using natural language simply, clearly and concisely
- Acting as a liaison between functional users of the software and the technical team to facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Managing requirements traceability information and tracking requirements status throughout the project
- Implementing and following client requirements definition and product design processes from the start of the requirements initiative to final product delivery
- Working with product management to document the product’s vision and project scope
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science.
Experience: The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years experience as a business analyst writing detailed functional specifications. The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Experienced in documenting functional requirements, user acceptance testing and using MS Office suite
- System Development Life Cycle involvement which includes planning, analysis, design, testing and implementation
- Solid understanding of business area issues and applications area issues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and consult with technical and non technical business line personnel
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems independently and to generate innovative solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
Qualities and Attributes: The successful candidate will have exemplary people skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the credibility of senior management. Additionally, this professional will be a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. He/she must be highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth for XAP.
Job Type: This is an exempt position.
The Company: XAP is the industry leading Technology Company that develops and provides students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan and apply to colleges and universities. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online. XAP processes more than 4 million electronic college applications, and 1.5 million electronic transcripts annually making it the largest provider of these services in North America. XAP’s products are used by more than 900 colleges and universities and more than 8,000 middle and high schools in the United States and Canada and several other countries around the world.
To learn more about XAP Corporation, please visit our website at www.xap.com.