We're a small, profitable, venture-backed mobile technology startup based in Manhattan. We are looking for a software developer intern to join our team.
Our company has developed a new technology platform that allows mobile phone users in developing markets to access the Internet without the need for a smartphone, data plan, or download. We have partnered to launch our service with mobile phone carriers in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia, and are growing rapidly.
- C or C++
- Perl or other scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux or Unix environment
- Experience with XML parsing and manipulation (LibXML2, XPath, XSLT, etc.) a plus
- Experience using and developing web services a plus
- Experience writing multi-threaded daemons in Unix a plus
- Experience with internationalizing code a plus
Why you should join our team:
- We're a small fun company. No politics or bureaucracy. Just lots of work to do.
- We're a venture-backed startup, but we're profitable and growing rapidly.
- On a daily basis we work with partners and end users around the world from Latin America (e.g. Colombia, Paraguay, El Salvador, Bolivia), Africa (e.g. Chad, Tanzania, Rwanda), and Southeast Asia (Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam).
- As a member of a small team, the work you do will have a major impact on the company (both on our technology and on the business as a whole)
- The software you develop will be used by developers, end users, and large enterprise customers around the world.
Indeed - 10 months ago
DOTGO is small, venture-backed, profitable mobile tech startup based in Manhattan. Our technology makes it possible for mobile phone users...