Position Vacancy Announcement
Software Development Engineer in Test
The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME) is seeking applications for a Software Development Engineer in Test. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining test plans, test specifications, automation testing frameworks, testing tools, and automated test suites with an emphasis on testing high performance/availability, object-oriented software in a multi-tier, distributed environment. Specifically, this position is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software testing frameworks and tools to support test automation; implementing automated test suites in Java to maximize code coverage; identifying and reporting defects of system under test; performing bug isolation, reproduction, classification, and tracking through resolution; and working with program managers and software development engineers regarding overall product design and project schedule.
OME serves the campus as a central information technology unit under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Vice Provost for Information Technology Services, and provides services to support the University’s mission in the areas of teaching and learning, research, and technology transfer.
- Implement automation frameworks and processes to automate the testing of Java web-based applications
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types
- Assisting in QA:
*Be responsible for the manual, automation, performance and security testing for OME web applications
*Create test cases for new features
*Work with development team to ensure test coverage
- Maintain currency with web technologies and testing practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years’ experience developing web-based applications
- Experience developing web-based applications
- Experience with maintaining, running, and enhancing large automated test suites
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaborative skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to stay organized and balance multiple concurrent projects
- Strong requirements gathering experience. Ability to work with business users.
- 1+ years’ experience writing automated tests and related tools for Java applications
- Experience planning and executing product performance testing
- Experience with automation testing tools such as Selenium RC and SOAPUI
- Experience with QA methodologies
- Experience with web services technologies such as SOAP, REST and WSDL
- Experience implementing a formal QA process in an agile development environment
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
Applicants must submit:
1. Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Screening of applications begins October 29, 2012, and will continue until position is filled.
For a full listing of benefits please visit http://www.ksu.edu/hr/benefits/unclass.pdf.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.