We build both hardware and software solutions for flight training at the collegiate level. We are looking for a senior level Java developer to take the lead on a new project that will require the following skills:
- Working directly with hardware (switches, LEDs, encoders, etc)
- Modeling aircraft systems
- Creating RESTful services that will work with the aircraft model as well as the hardware interface
- CRUD operations around navigation databases
- Apache Tomcat
Although we have been in business for 8 years, we very much have a start-up mentality. We are looking for someone who can step in and take the reins on this project and see it through to completion. Although the project has had some planning around it, new technologies are welcome, and there is opportunity for architectural freedom.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years experience Java and Web Development
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- No travel required
- Telecommuting part time is possible, but must be willing to work from the office on a regular basis
This position is contract to hire.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.